Apache2: mod_autoindex and UTF-8

For my ScummVM nightly server, I’m using the apache2 module mod_autoindex. I noticed that – even though I enabled UTF-8 support in the apache configuration – one vHost was still served with ISO-8859 encoding.

The problem is that the autoindex module simply ignores the global charset settings. Instead, it insists on using ISO-8859 for the vHost without further configuration.

In order to enable UTF-8 for sites generated by mod_autoindex, the parameter Charset=UTF-8 must be added to the IndexOptions of the specific vHost configuration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *